Sunday, January 13, 2013

DAY 12: Lazy Evening Light on my Longhorn


DAY 12 PAINTING: 6"x8" oil on Panel $125.00

"L" is for ... " Lazy evening Light on my Longhorn"
Original is available, contact the artist to purchase
www.finewatercolors.com

This is one of my Texas Longhorn Steers that I enjoyed capturing a photo of him awhile back in the evening light. This one along with his buddy got kind of ornery. One time he tried to jump my fence up near the highway, because he thought I had some grain, but I only had the mail in my hands. He got half way over the barb wire fence comin' at me, it kind of freaked me out. I wasn't sure if I should run or scare him back in. So I yelled at him (from a distance) and he finally went back in the fenced pasture. I have cried when some of my steers fell pray to the grim reaper, (mobile butcher) but when this guy met the butcher man, I didn't cry, it actually was kind of a relief. My two current steers, Ted and Whitey, are very nice and sweet steers. ;) Cheers! — Andy Sewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment